OUR PRIMARY FUNDING AREAS INCLUDE PERMANENT LEVITT VENUES AND THE LEVITT AMP [YOUR CITY] GRANT AWARDS, both sharing the common mission of stregthening communities through music.
Permanent Levitt venues
- The Levitt Foundation provides seed funding to build or renovate a permanent outdoor music venue, known as a Levitt Pavilion or Levitt Shell, and multi-year annual operating support to partially fund a Friends of Levitt nonprofit partner that manages, programs and fundraises for the Levitt program of 50+ free concerts each year.
- Located on public land, typically in parks, each permanent Levitt venue is a City-owned facility. Through this public/private partnership, resources are leveraged to reduce expenses and ensure cost-efficient operations.
- These community-driven, public-private partnerships are typically geared to cities with populations over 400,000 and, while representing significant investments for the Foundation, each Friends of Levitt nonprofit partner receives the majority of its annual funding from the local community.
Levitt AMP [Your City] Grant Awards
- The Levitt Foundation provides $25K annual matching grants to 15 nonprofits operating in small to mid-sized towns and cities to activate neglected public spaces through the Levitt AMP Music Series of 10 free concerts each year.
- Reflecting the Foundation’s ethos that all Levitt projects are community-driven, each year finalists are selected through an online public voting process.
- The 2017 Levitt AMP winners hail from small towns like St. Johnsbury, Vt.; Middlesboro, Ky.; Berea, Ky.; Jacksonville, Ill.; Denison, Texas; Stevens Point, Wis.; Hattiesburg, Miss.; and Sheboygan, Wis.; to mid-sized cities spanning the country including Carson City, Nev.; Ocala, Fla.; Utica, N.Y.; Santa Fe, N.M.; Trenton, N.J.; Chattanooga, Tenn.; and Greensboro, N.C.